I read some great books this year and I really think I owe a lot of that to setting this goal for myself. I read some classics and got swept away by a band of contemporary vampires. As I finished each book I couldn't wait to pick the next one to immerse myself in. I've become a library junkie and find myself wondering how many books I'll actually finish this year.
Several of the books on my list were chosen based on recommendations by all of you. Please keep them coming. Vegas Princess emailed me a huge list today and Shades twittered several titles last night (which I really need to write down or something). Of course there is always Good Reads but I have yet to add a book I've read, much less peruse what you've all read. It's so much easier when you bring the information directly to me. So just leave your suggestions in the comments for me won't you?
What's that? You want to know which 10 books I read to complete my goal? Well, okay…since you asked.
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (finished 1.30)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (finished 2.3)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (finished 2.8)
- Animal Farm by George Orwell (finished 2.15)
- Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (finished 4.12—my least favorite of the bunch)
- 1984 by George Orwell (finished 6.24)
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (finished 7.8)
- New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (finished 7.30)
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (finished 8.14)
- Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (finished 8.21)