Tuesday, April 4, 2006

shit-tay

That's how I feel today. I am super sick. Sore throat, lots of snot, painful cough, plugged ears...all the classic symptoms. It started Sunday with the cough. Yesterday the mucus and plugged ears joined the party. Today I feel shit-tay. It's 10 a.m. I'm still in bed and this is where I plan to stay. I've got a 13 hour day at work tomorrow and I don't want to feel like I do right now. I'm hoping the hot, hot shower I take this afternoon will help break things up. Yum.

Josh brought home a tree the other day for us to plant in the boulevard in front of our house. Our plan is to plant it together today (I think he'll do most of the work) and then it will be like "our tree". How sweet!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eww. Bloggers are ultra graphic when it comes to symptoms. Hope you feel better soon

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Sorry about that. At least I didn't talk about textures and colors.

Anonymous said...

Good point. I have a friend who insisted on showing me his bright green poo and bright pink phlegm when he was ill. I still have nightmares

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

ummm...gross. I think he should have been showing that to a doctor, not a friend.

As a good friend of mine says (which I like to say now): "Share don't scare."

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, good phrase. Very useful with a friend like mine, lol

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

It really says it all. I've had to tell that to a fair share of people.

Anonymous said...

Lol, it's a close relative of "say it don't spray it" which I have used a lot.

Where is everyone today?

Jen said...

Well, I'm sorry your sick. Feel better soon, and don't forget to consult the chart so you know where you are for sure on that scale of healthy-to-dangerously-close-to-the-end.

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Is that a snot chart? If so, I'm at the high end—sorry about that quasi-visual sarah.

Jen said...

Yes, I found it on H-Town's blog last week and decided that I needed my own to save for future use.

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

nice...and I'm still in bed, with no intention of getting out. Instead I will be doing a whole lot of nothing but surfing the web...so entertain me!