Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen things about my morning.
  1. The coffee pot went off at 6 a.m. this morning. It has a built-in grinder that seemed extra loud as it ground the beans this morning.
  2. The alarm went off at 6:45 a.m. I got up and turned it off instead of hitting snooze.
  3. Then I went back to bed.
  4. I woke up at 8 a.m. to the smell of delicious fresh brewed coffee.
  5. Then I sat on the couch and drank a cup of coffee. I like it hot and black, just out of the pot. And strong.
  6. Then I put in a load of laundry. I love having a washer and dryer in the house. Laundry is no longer a chore. It makes such a huge difference to do a small load or two every couple of days instead of hauling a huge pile to the laundromat every week or so.
  7. After that I had another cup of coffee.
  8. I got in the shower at 9:45. I like a really hot shower. The bathroom was super steamy when I got out.
  9. Before I did anything else, I ran downstairs and put the laundry in the dryer.
  10. Then I got dressed and dried my hair.
  11. At 10:45 Josh left for work and I went over to my Mom's.
  12. We went to another local coffee shop and had Hot Chocolate. This shop has a little Fair Trade Boutique in the back with things from India, Nicaragua, Bangladesh, and other areas. It helps benefit Sunshine—an organization that helps people with developmental disabilities.
  13. I got back around noon and put that 2nd load of laundry in the dryer.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oooh, you're going to play too!

What kind of coffeemaker do you have? We bought the giant Cuisinart thing after Christmas and as far as I can tell, the grinder part does not shut itself off. I have turned it on and let it run all different durations just to see. Eventually, I wind up turning it off manually, then turning the "grind off" button on and turning the thing back on so it can brew.

Yes I read the directions- no it doesn't offer any assistance.

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

We also have a Cuisinart. Here's a pic of it—but ours is black. It's the best coffee pot I've ever had. It will be greatly missed when it kicks the bucket.

Lynda said...

I love not having to go to the laundry mat, but I still tend to have my laundry pile up. Don't tell my mom.

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

The "newness" of the washer/dryer may fade after awhile, but right now it's like gold.

Jen said...

Ours is a different model, and it says nothing about "automatic grind shut-off feature" or anything to that effect. So I guess it's not malfunctioning... all I know is I let it grind til I am certain it is about to launch itself into orbit and then I give up.